The following events were filed with the Red Oak, Montgomery County, State of Iowa, or other government offices. In regard to law enforcement and judicial activities, all parties are presumed innocent until proven guilty, and other details may be available at iowacourts.state.ia.us.
• Peter, Tammy E. and Tammy Church to Edward and Gail Young, 10-72-38 Parcel A.
• Fred and Kathy Davis to John and Jane Chaillie, 27-72-38 Lt 1, Red Oak Knollwood SD 2 Lt 6-7.
• Judy and Phillip Anderson to Paige Taylor, Villisca Original Plat Lt 135.
• Gerald and Tong Elwood, Dorothy Keys Estate, Olan Keys, Executor, Jeannie Wilson, and Donald and Cynthia Elwood to Rodger Blanchard, Villisca Davis Addition Lt 2.
COURT OFFICER’S DEED
• David Williams Estate, Bruce Williams, Executor, Brian Williams, Executor, Sarah Wilson, Executor to Steven Williams, 2-71-36.
• Iris McAnly Estate and Jennifer Bruce, Executor to Jennifer Bruce, 16-72-38 Lt 1, 1-71-36, Red Oak Pactolus Park Addition Blk 7 Lt 7, Red oak Northeastern Additon Blk 8 Lt 4 Bishops SD OLT 6, Red Oak Original Plat Blk 43 Lt 11-12, Red Oak Original Plat Blk 58 Lt 2, Red Oak Original Plat Blk 50 Lt 1, Red Oak Western Addition Blk 8 Lt 4.
QUIT CLAIM DEED
• Todd and Nicole Sowers and Nicole Rainey to Todd and Nicole Sowers, 23-72-38 Lt 1.
• Harold and Georgia Clark and Harold Clark POA to Great Western Bank, 4-71-37 Lt 13.
• John and Jane Chaillie to Houghton State Bank, 27-72-38 Lt 1, Red Oak Knollwood SD 2 Lt 6-7.
• Joshua and Heidi Harris to Houghton State Bank, 28-72-38 SLT3 Lt 1.
• Diane and William Mullenix to Farm Credit Mid America FLCA, 5-71-38 Parcel B.
• James and Beverly Karns and Beverly Franson to Great Western Bank, Red Oak Quinby Addition Blk 10 Lt 8.
• Nicole and Todd Sowers to Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems Inc, MERS and Royal United Mortgage LLC, 23-72-38 Lt 1.
MOD/AMENDMENT OF MORTGAGE
• Leon and Emma Zook to Great Western Bank, 23-73-37 Parcel A.
• Kirk and Jerra Swanson to Great Western Bank, 32-71-38.
• Filed June 15, Steven Dukes, 29, Hepburn, possession of controlled substance – methamphetamine, possession of controlled substance – marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia, $1,000 bond.
• Filed June 16, Courtney Hall, 20, Red Oak, domestic abuse assault first offense, held on no bond.
• Filed June 16, Brianna Gasper, 41, Villisca, domestic abuse assault second offense, $1,000 bond.
• Filed June 18, Tony Christensen, 59, Red Oak, public intoxication, $300 bond.
• On June 16, at 7:53 a.m., Montgomery County Sheriff’s deputies responded to a two-vehicle accident on 210th Street in rural Red Oak. Wyatt Huff, 21, Red Oak, driving a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee, was facing east. Allen Martin, 42, Stanton, driving a 2011 Dodge Ram 2500, was facing west in the eastbound lane. Martin had been traveling west and was turning into a driveway. Huff was traveling east, and as he crested the hill saw the Martin vehicle turning in the eastbound lane. The Huff vehicle was unable to stop or miss the Martin vehicle and struck the right rear of the vehicle as well as the trailer it was pulling. Damage to the Martin vehicle and trailer totaled about $8,000, and the trailer was considered a total loss. Damage to the Huff vehicle was about $5,000, and it was also considered a total loss. There were no injuries, and Martin was cited for no registration on the trailer.
• On June 16, at 12:24 p.m., Red Oak Police officers investigated a two-vehicle accident in the 500 block of Sunset Avenue. Kiley Caron, 30, Creston, driving a 2010 Chrysler Sebring owned by Terri Smith-Caron, Red Oak, was traveling west on Sunset Avenue when, according to the report, he was using his phone and not looking ahead. The Caron vehicle struck a 2019 Chevrolet Silverado pickup owned by Mark Snyder, Red Oak, which was pushed forward, rolled across the street, and came to rest in a yard across the street. Damage to the Caron vehicle was about $7,000, and it was considered a total loss. Damage to the Snyder was about $3,000. Caron was cited for failure to provide proof of financial liability – accident related and driving with a suspended license.