Volunteers needed to serve on city boards and commissions
The City of Red Oak is continuing to seek applications for volunteer positions on various boards and commissions.
Anyone interested in serving is urged to stop by Red Oak City Hall at 601 N. 6th St. and pick up an application or download one from the city’s website, city.redoakiowa.com. In some instances, Red Oak residency is not required.
Per Iowa’s House File 243, the city attempts to make all boards and commissions gender balanced. All interested individuals are asked to have their completed applications returned to city hall by 4 p.m. on Wednesday, Jan.12.
The following boards and commissions still have open seats available:
• Low Rent Housing: Three positions available, all with two-year terms ending January 2024.
• Planning & Zoning Commission: Three positions available, two with five-year terms ending January 2027 one position to fill a vacancy with the term ending in January 2023.
• Board of Adjustment: Two positions available with five-year terms ending in January, 2027.
• Historical Commission: Two positions with three-year terms available. The terms end in January 2025.
• The Red Oak Park and Tree Board: One position available, a four-year term with the term ending January 2026. The person selected for this position may reside inside or outside Red Oak city limits.
• The Red Oak Airport Commission: One position available for a six-year term ending in January 2027. The designee to this position may reside inside or outside Red Oak city limits.
• The Red Oak Downtown Urban Renewal Board: One position available for an At-Large member with the term ending Dec. 31, 2025.
Anyone with further questions can contact Red Oak City Hall at 623-6510.